Monday, April 7, 2014

Analysis

In my community blog post I wrote about vaccinating your children not only for their safety and well being but for that of everyone else as well. In that post I felt like I wrote to all three appeals: ethos, logos, and pathos. I wrote to all three because the topic I wrote about allowed me to do so. I was able to make a logical appeal, an emotional appeal, and a credible appeal to readers. Not all issues may allow for a writer to do so but I chose to take full advantage of having all three available to me. In all honesty if you're trying connect with readers I do believe that it's best to make an appeal on all three levels for your reader because it makes a stronger connection. However, if I were to rank the three my list would go: pathos, ethos, logos. In my opinion all three are important however if you can make an appeal to a reader's values, beliefs, and emotions I feel you can make your strongest connection there.

1 comment:

  1. This is an argument that continues to surface. You add value to your post by adding pathos and ethos (parent). You could add slightly more logos but not much. Do you need to mention concessions (religious beliefs/other beliefs) and refute? Could do that in other posts as well. Call to action is clear.

    ReplyDelete