Monday, January 27, 2014

I Know I Live In Michigan, But I Hate Winter

After spending all of my near 27 years of existence in Michigan, I know that our winters consist of snow and cold and more snow and even more cold. But just because I live here doesn't mean I have to like the fact that we have four seasons and especially a winter. I hate being bundled up to go places, I hate having to warm up my car to melt the frost, I hate having to scrape the snow/ice off my car, and I hate having to shovel or snow blow my driveway and sidewalks. Nothing and I mean nothing irks me more though than having to wear pants. I always feel so restricted by pants, whether they be jeans, khakis, or dress pants. Being 6'6" means I have some long legs and finding pants to fit them isn't always the easiest thing to do. Plus, as I like to joke around with my friends; with long, luxurious legs like these I just have to show them off!

But on a more serious note I am the type of person of who much rather be walking around in a t-shirt and shorts as opposed to a hoody and pants. Nothing beats relaxing after a long day of school or work like coming home, going outside to grill up dinner and leaving your backdoor open to catch the breeze while eating dinner and then enjoying a Tigers game. I hate waking up in the dark and then going to school or work only to come home in the dark. And forget grilling up some steaks or anything else for that matter. I'm not going to shovel a walkway to my grill only so I can go out there and freeze to death in our nice Arctic weather we've had this winter.

I just hate when my friends feel the need to remind me that I live in Michigan and I just need to deal with it. Like no crap Sherlock, I didn't know I was in Michigan... For a second there I thought I was somewhere tropical. Who says I have to love the weather of where I live anyhow?

No comments:

Post a Comment