Monday, January 27, 2014

Why Is Driving So Difficult For People?

Every year I feel like drivers in this fine state of ours get worse and worse, almost as if they've completely forgotten how to drive in the elements. Rain, snow, and wind have all of sudden popped up for the first time ever since you've had a driver's license. I honestly can't be the only one who is noticing this disturbing trend, can I? This being said, by all means am I for driving safely in some spotty weather... however, just because it's raining a little bit isn't an excuse to go 10 under on main roads. Nor should some light snow deter you from doing the speed limit or at worst 5 under, but that light snow shouldn't cause me to be doing 45 on I-75!

I get it, occasionally the roads will be bad to the point where it is absolutely necessary to have slowed way, way down in order to get to your destination safely. When the few times the roads do get this bad, it never ceases to amaze me that some moron will be out there, weaving in and out of traffic, riding on someone's bumper to the point where if that person taps their brakes the moron is going to end up halfway up that person's car.

I will cut some slack to old people, young drivers, and student drivers. Going slow is the norm for like 85% of old people on the road in Michigan, and the younger drivers just don't have that experience yet. But if I estimate you to be anywhere from 20-65, you better believe I expect you to be able to handle the weather in Michigan. You shouldn't be caught off guard by snow in January or rain in April, these are things occur year in and year out.

So if you ever see someone in a black Ford Fusion losing his mind during one of these "bad weather" episodes, odds are it's most likely me.

No comments:

Post a Comment