Monday, February 10, 2014

Memoir Ideas...

I have recently been given the challenge of coming up with 3-4 ideas that I would include in my memoir should I write one. First off, I'm not so sure that I have lived a life worth writing about in my near 27 years on God's green Earth. Then again I could just be holding on to ideas that I don't want to share with people, let alone the possibility of complete strangers finding this. But that being said here are my ideas:

1. I know that I would definitely write about a trip to the dentist that I made when I was 6 maybe 7-years old. This is the visit that shook my view on going to the dentist, this is the reason why every time I go in for something as simple as a cleaning that I get sick to stomach. Honestly, I'm almost 27-years old, I stand 6'6" tall and weigh about about 220-230 pounds. There's absolutely no reason that a trip to the dentist should make me feel like I'm about to die and act like a scared child.

2. In school I was usually a model student when it came to behavior and grades. That's why no one ever believes me when I tell them as a junior in high school I was almost expelled and arrested. Yeah, let that sink in for a second... expelled and arrested. I was so close to being arrested that before some quick thinking saved my bacon, the school officer was literally pulling out his handcuffs to place me under arrest.

3. The time I scratched my cornea comes to mind as an interesting story. But I'm not so certain that sharing what I did that night that led to me scratching my cornea would be appropriate to share. Then again maybe it is. In a short summary, I learned that after a night of celebrating my birthday at the bar it might not be a wise idea to try and take your contacts out.

I'm going to try to think of a fourth idea, if I do I'll add it on as a comment. If any friends have any ideas obviously leave it the comments section. Some of you have lived these moments with me, why not re-live them?

1 comment:

  1. You generated a doable list, but you don't seem thrilled about any of these ideas. You list some great ideas to write about, but they may be too encompassing to do well in a blog post unless you somehow shorten the scope of one of them. For instance, you could choose one particular encounter, discussion, or exchange that somehow gives readers a window into what you learned and how you learned it. I think the key to making this an engaging writing process is to pick the idea you want to revisit the most in order to reflect on its importance (or not).

    ReplyDelete